Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: April 2021
This role assists in the creation of overall direction, policies, standards and guidelines for the Enterprise IT Infrastructure organization's technology and operational environment. This position will lead the development and maintenance of technical infrastructure strategies focusing on systems integration, stability, reliability, automation and serviceability.
This role assists in the development and maintenance of technical infrastructure patterns focusing on systems integration, stability, reliability, automation and serviceability focusing on the private cloud (Openshift, Microservices, CI/CD, Automation). This position will ensure infrastructure architectures solutions align with technology standards and patterns in both the infrastructure and application domains.
SECTION TWO: JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for creation of architectural solutions and strategies by leading efforts with cross functional teams.
• Responsible for aligning technology patterns and approaches to business goals, especially from the point of view of customer satisfaction.
• Lead the design and integration of business-critical projects' technical infrastructure, while overseeing and approving of technical designs from other solution providers, internal and external.
• Ensures that the architectural design of the technology organization and its information systems are aligned to the organization's / business' objectives by partnering with Enterprise Architecture's and Business specialists' roadmaps and business plans.
SECTION THREE: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 7-10 years relevant work experience required in Fortune500-level complex infrastructure design, implementation and operation is required
• 1-4 years performing Infrastructure Architecture for a company of similar technical breadth and scale is required
• 1-3 years' experience with: Openshift solutions:
o Openshift, Docker, Service Mesh, API management, Service Gateways, etc.
o Experience with evaluation and introduction of new capabilities for Openshift based solutions
• 3-5 years' experience with:CI/CD solutions
o Understanding of DevSecOps processes
o Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, Veracode, Jfrog, etc.
o Experience with creation of new pipelines patterns
o Experience with RBAC and access controls
• Highly flexible and able to adapt to change
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Strong team player with proven collaboration skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proven change agent who consistently delivers results
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership about complex technical issues, strategies and vision
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Visio (na), Confluence, Jira
SECTION FOUR: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• College BS degree in relevant areas of technology is preferred