Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 3 months
· Specialize and develop expertise in one or more business applications.
· As appropriate, participate in project planning sessions with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts and
development team members to analyze business / technology requirements and outline the proposed technology solution
· Participate in project estimating activities
· Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
· Incorporate security requirements into design
· Provide input to information / data flow
· Understand and comply to SDLC in all planning steps
· Adhere to security and control policies throughout design, development and testing
· Ensure interface specifications are included in completed deliverable
· Identify applicable system platform, components, and dependencies
· Document the detailed application specifications
· Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules
· Develop / enhance software application modules
· Perform unit, system and integration testing and participate in capacity / performance testing of an application
· Create / test prototypes
· Complete assigned project deliverables within business / audit control requirements
· Identify and document ongoing maintenance requirements
· Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve application issues and code defects
· Work with external parties to ensure production support availability.
· Understand and execute release management and change management processes for changes to business applications.
·Identify, troubleshoot and resolve application issues and code defects; escalates as appropriate.
· Participate in root cause analysis and resolution as directed.
·Provide off hours support as required.
·Works closely with development teams to implement fixes as required.
·Coordinate closely with other application support and infrastructure service areas for resolution of issues.
· Understand complex interactions and look for causes and provide solutions.
· Communicate effectively both over the phone and in written methods.
· Adapt to a constant and rapidly changing environment.
· Take ownership of a problem and stay with it through to resolution — often involves coordinating the actions of people in other teams to achieve the desired result.
· Willingness to work in a role where the operation of availability and time-critical systems is routine.
· Review and provide feedback to the final user documentation
· Adhere to technology disaster recovery procedures