Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 10 months
The Provider & Network Data Science team delivers advanced analytics and data science tools to healthcare providers, members of our health plans, and business and clinical stakeholders within. Our day-to-day work involves data analysis, machine learning, and automation, while regularly engaging with stakeholders to develop the best solutions to optimize healthcare spending and enhance the delivery of member care. We are looking for a data scientist to help innovate and bring their unique brand of problem solving to our solutions. They will be a key player on our team in our goal to make healthcare easier to navigate.
Provider Performance: The goal of these initiatives is to measure how efficiently physicians deliver healthcare, how appropriately physicians are rendering healthcare services, and how well physicians are adhering to established quality of care guidelines.
Provider Insights: The goal of these initiatives is to understand the individual provider practice patterns that influence adverse member outcomes (e.g., ER visits), to uncover anomalous provider billing behavior, and to reveal the varied relationships between different providers.
Member Insights: The goal of these initiatives is to better understand why members use healthcare services including the barriers and condition drivers that influence how members interact with their healthcare providers and healthcare coverage. These insights enable our provider partners to make more informed decisions to help our members.
* Apply data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights.
* Leverage domain expertise and communication skills to identify data-based solutions to customer needs.
* Develop, create, and implement data-based products and processes to add business value for internal and external customers.
* Develop, create, and implement analytical processes for automated machine driven decision making where human decision making is not scalable or feasible.
* Present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making.
* Identify new data sources, drive collection of data, and identify use cases for existing data sources.
* Document steps and data sources and ensure that models and processes are easily understandable and maintainable.
* Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
* Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
* Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and 3 years of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Actuarial credential or Master's degree and 2 years of work experience in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR Ph.D. in a mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field; OR 6 years experience in an advanced mathematical, statistical, computer science, engineering, physics, economics or related quantitative field.
* Strong learning and growth mindset
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in at least four of the following six areas: 1) data analysis and relational-style query languages; 2) machine learning and/or statistical modeling; 3) data visualization; 4) a high-level programming language; 5) distributed computing; 6) understanding of healthcare.
* Proficiency with Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Masters or Ph.D. in a quantitative field, or bachelors degree with significant healthcare experience.