Interim US Cash Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 3-4 months
Principal responsibilities include daily management of the company’s domestic and international cash positions, including short-term investment and borrowing activities, and related bank interface and relationship management. The role is a key contact for resolution of bank operating issues and provides assistance to the Treasury Director in a number of areas, including bank account establishment and maintenance, daily cash management, cash flow forecasting, Treasury systems administration, and other projects.
- Will work closely with the Treasury Director supporting the two Chicago-based Treasury Analysts who are responsible for daily cash management, intercompany settlements, and treasury workstation activities, among other responsibilities.
- Manage daily cash positions; including funds transfers, liquidity management; short-term investing and borrowing, and foreign exchange transactions as applicable.
- Bank account establishment and maintenance and bank relationship management.
- Assist with preparing various reports on the Company’s cash position, investment portfolio, and cash variances.
- Maintain cash forecasts and analyze variances.
- Assist with maintaining the Company’s cash management systems, primarily the Reval Treasury Management System.
- Assist with internal and external auditors to analyze treasury activities and support compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Tax, Accounting and Legal to support both company initiatives and Treasury transactions.
- Take on special projects as requested and have an ability to take on additional duties and responsibilities, as needed.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- 5+ years of Treasury experience.
- Treasury management system experience preferred (e.g., Reval).
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity in financial analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) a plus.