IOT Hardware Engineer Mid
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 1 year
The position will be to provide hardware support of our tablet POS, perirpherals such as printers, barcode scanners, and pinpads. You may be required to visit sites to help troubleshoot equipment issues including repair and replacement. There may be instances where you are able to suppprt these sites over the phone depending on the type of issue.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Install POS equipment (including wiring) in QSR Lab environment
- Assist third party technicians with POS installations in Store environments
- Work with networking and network security teams to remove blockers for installations
- Maintain QSR lab in clean and working condition
- Provide L3 support for break fix
- Source hardware to satisfy new requirements working with IT and external teams
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting Point of Sale peripherals such as receipt printers, barcode scanners, cash drawers and PIN pads
- Proficient experience with configuration, setup, and troubleshooting hardware related aspects of mobile Android devices
- Experience working with third party vendors in sourcing and integrating hardware
- Intermediate experience with MDM solutions, specifically Microsoft Intune is preferred
- Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting capability of types of data connection/communication such as TCP/IP, Bluetooth, or data/serial using CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, etc. with USB-A, USB-B, USB-C, RJ11/RJ12/RJ45, etc. terminated ends, USB to ethernet adapters, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of network devices like managed switches, managed firewalls, ethernet hubs, etc.
- Experience with writing technical scope of work, installation, and how-to documents
- Experience with understanding and communicating power requirements of devices to construction/engineering teams designing stores
- Ability to travel to stores (in Dallas and out) to when required
- Ability to be in the Dallas office as needed