Location: Chicago, IL
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to develop and maintain automation framework for our suite of software applications used for Risk Management.
- Develop and maintain the automation framework to support the regression test suites of different Risk Management applications.
- Work closely QA with engineers to understand their requirements and enable automation framework to support their testing.
- Adhere to proper design principles and keep the automation framework simple and efficient.
- Support automation of environment set up.
- Bring in fresh ideas to make improvements
- Track own progress to ensure timely delivery
- Participate in code reviews for own as well as others’ code
- Work with other teams involved in project life-cycle
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development or Testing
- 4+ years of development experience using Java
- Experience working with test automation and Cucumber (or any BDD framework)
- Proficient with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
- Proficient in Oracle database SQL
- Proficient with REST web service
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Bamboo
- Familiarity using Postman, Jenkins, Kafka, UC4.
- Experience with Spring (Spring Boot, Spring JDBC) is a plus.
- Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly and to be able to make modifications to them
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision
- Strong problem-solving and communication skill
- Financial risk management system experience will be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred.