Lead Application Engineer
Integral team member leading the technical design, development, and implementation of solutions to support clients' business operations. This is a hand-on technical role, with some functional aspects. Emphasis is made on how technology can support analyzing and understanding business process and data to enhance decision making and create efficiencies. This role utilizes a Microsoft stack of technologies and business applications. This includes but is not limited to Dynamics family of products, .NET, SQL Server, Azure, PowerBI, Power Platform, and SharePoint.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to all phases of system delivery, including requirements, design, development, training, data conversion, testing, and maintenance to achieve the successful development and implementation of the customer’s business needs
- Enhances ERP system functionality through configuration (non-coded) and customization (coded)
- Manages queue of projects and tasks assigned to oneself and team
- Creates and updates application customization and configuration documentation
- Working knowledge of business processes to ensure technical solutions meet business requirements
- Provide technical direction in-line with business goals
- Trains and mentors less experienced team members
- Continually strive to improve technical solutions by remaining up to date on new technologies, techniques, platform updates, etc.
- Performs analysis of clients' information, methods, systems, and procedures to determine most useful technical solutions, including estimations of feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
5 years’ experience in a development position, managing small teams
10 years’ experience in a software engineering position, managing small teams
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- High attention to detail
- Passion for technology and how it can solve business problems
- Self-motivated to achieve
- Excellent problem-solving techniques
- Team player with advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing within a business application context (e.g., ERP, accounting, CRM)
- Concepts o Cloud Computing o Software Development Methodologies o Object-oriented programming (OOP) o Source control (Git in particular) o Basic data structures (arrays, trees, etc.)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Implementing and supporting financial systems and applications
- Web application development
- Microsoft Azure
- Languages and Frameworks
- C# (or comparable)
- SQL (preference to T-SQL)
- Microsoft .NET Framework (ASP.NET, C#)
- PowerShell (or other shell programming language)
Occasional travel to local and non-local clients
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects, weighing up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or a negligible amount of weight frequently. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.