.NET Web Developer II
Location: Madison, WI
Duration: 2 years
Development and testing of complex new computer systems and maintenance or enhancements to existing systems.
- Review system design specifications or project requests to understand requirements and prepare detailed estimates of required resources.
- Code, test, and debug (or facilitate the coding, testing, and debugging of) complex computer systems, utilizing current development tools, in compliance with current development standards, procedures, and policies.
- Plan and design integration, system, and/or client acceptance testing to ensure that systems function together correctly and meet client requirements. Coordinate testing with operations and business staff.
- Prepare and/or update (or facilitate the preparation and/or updating of) documentation, in accordance with current standards, to provide programmers with information required to understand and maintain the systems and/or procedures.
- Develop deployment documentation to thoroughly test systems, procedures; and production implementations.
- Conduct training of clients and appropriate IT staff to ensure a thorough understanding of the application system.
- Redesign and rewrite current systems for maximum efficiency, taking advantage of new utilities, data structures, and software.
- Model and document database structures to meet the system requirements.
- Develop data extracts and data conversion routines to transmit data to outside parties and other application systems.
Lead Efforts to Implement Application Development Standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of development standards, procedures, and policies to be used in agency application development activities.
- Ensure applications are documented following current standards and procedures to provide development staff with the information required to understand and maintain the system and/or procedures.
- Orient new employees to shop standards, development languages, utilities, procedures, and major application areas.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of appropriate security and privacy protection procedures working with other staff.
- Read, review and comment on proposed programming standards, position papers, peer products, and trade journals.
- Research and monitor emerging technology, software and other information to consider
Knowledge /Skills/Ability (KSA):
- Knowledge of systems development practices and principles.
- Knowledge of systems analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of cost benefit analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of object oriented principles and design patterns.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Problem determination and resolution skills.
- Knowledge of web-enabled and e-commerce applications.
- Knowledge of client/server and Internet concepts, procedures, and techniques.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET Web Forms.
- Experience in Cloud technologies specifically Azure Cloud Services
- Experience in Integrating and deploying Applications in cloud
- Expert knowledge of .Net technologies including C# and ASP.NET MVC.
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic, VBScript, Classic ASP
- Working knowledge of Database Modeling/Design.
- Expert Working knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Knowledge of Agile- Scrum