Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 5 months
Project Manager for our proposal management team. Supports and manages daily activities of proposal responses and may support/lead other functional project initiatives. Ensures timely and accurate completion of assigned responsibilities of the project/proposal team members. Conducts and/or participates in managing project integration, scope, time, costs and quality. Communicates the status, risk and issues associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure the projects' outcomes are achieved as defined, within budget and on time. Supports the team with timely development, management and interpretation of project analytical data.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead team members in functional areas and those assigned during the duration of a project to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
• Will provide project coordination for the Proposal Managers across the portfolio of projects.
• Conduct risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
• Prepares, maintains and tracks project related documents: project plan, project charter, scope, and project schedules and obtains appropriate level of approval for each document for projects and/or sub teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
• Provide inputs to project cost estimates and budgets for assigned projects and initiates cost control measures to ensure projects budgets are met.
• Facilitate track and project status meetings and provides updates to the project manager where appropriate.
• Lead collection, analysis, and summary of key project metrics
• Communicate project status to the project team. Supports Proposal Managers in stakeholdering executive leaders and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation. Supports the Proposal Manager in making certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
• Undergraduate degree or comparable experience.
• 5+ years of project management experience.
• Demonstrated experience managing the work of others without direct authority, creating an environment that motivates and inspires results achievement.
• Demonstrates professional integrity.
• High level of organization and planning skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written skills including the ability to present to large groups.
• Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment.
• Familiarity with RFP Responses.
• Working towards or willing to obtain the Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
• Microsoft Project experience.