Location: Schaumburg, IL
Duration: 11 months
Conducts and/or is the lead participant in managing project(s) integration, scope, time, costs and quality, and communicates the status, risks, issues, and mitigation measures associated with each to the correct level(s) within the project structure and the organization to ensure that the projects' outcomes are achieved, within budget and on time. Utilizes a unique blend of project management expertise and product knowledge to provide project leadership for product and service initiatives. This role must ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned duties and responsibilities to meet project leadership expectations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads projects and teams through the entirety of project lifecycles to ensure timely completion of project deliverables and that desired project expectations and outcomes are achieved.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and guidance to project team members on a continuous basis in the areas of project management, lifecycle, processes and procedures.
• Conducts risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
• Prepares project documents: project plan, project charter, scope, and project schedule and obtains appropriate level of approval for each document for projects and/or sub teams assigned to ensure appropriate understanding of expectations among all involved organizational levels.
• Communicate project information and obtain appropriate level of stakeholder and approvals throughout project lifecycles.
• Develops project cost estimates and budgets for assigned projects and initiates cost control measures to ensure projects budgets are met.
• Communicates project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the assignment and post implementation to make certain all stakeholders have an appropriate level of understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the project.
• Participate, as needed, in pre-initiation product delivery stages to manage activities related to the assessment and prioritization of new business technology services and products.
• Represent the business organization, as needed, in the Product Delivery Framework and actively acquire and maintain product knowledge and expertise.
• Manages complex business initiatives involving around 3-5 different departments within the functional areas
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
• Undergraduate degree or comparable experience.
• 5+ years of project management experience.
• 3+ years of business technology services and products experience.
• Exposure to software development in areas of Agile and DevOps desired
• Strong experience in Wireless Communication – 3G, 4G and 5G and corresponding tools related to performance Management, Fault Management and configuration management.
• One or more years of experience managing high profile projects through a complete project life cycle.
• Demonstrated experience managing the work of others without direct authority, creating an environment that motivates and inspires results achievement.
• Ability to work in a matrixed environment and build team cohesiveness.
• High level of organization and planning skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written skills including the ability to present to large groups.
• Ability to self-start and be versatile in a dynamic environment.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification.
• Two or more years of experience with Waterfall, Agile Scrum, and/or Kanban.
• Microsoft Project experience.