Senior Node.js API Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 6 months
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
The SSE must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, testing and deploying APIs (including supporting infrastructure) to drive our digital products.
- Executes full product life-cycle (inception through deprecation) to create highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products.
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Architects.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expert in Node.js
- Knowledgeable in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queue systems, and background task management.
Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- 3-5 years of experience in product development as engineer or senior engineer.
- Well organized with a bias for action with minimal direction.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Large organization experience – Large Scale projects
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment
- • A team player with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.