Senior Project Manager
Location: Lombard, IL
This position is responsible for leading large complex projects or a program with a number of sub-projects; ensuring the project scope is aligned with the stated business objectives; setting and managing customer experience; managing and escalating issues and changes; developing and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders to obtain project objectives while working in a matrix project environment; and having a thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and project management and enterprise processes.
1. Work collaboratively with project stakeholders to develop a comprehensive project/program plan based on approved funding. Project/Program plans will include: Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Organization and Communication, Staffing, Risk and Issue Management. Obtain commitment to the plan.
2. Perform Project Planning. Create / build / update project schedules, Project Charters, Project Plans, and Status Reports, and work breakdown structures. Create the detailed project/program schedule. Realistically anticipate resource needs. Set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for one or more large projects. Plan for and anticipate events outside of immediate responsibility. Anticipate problems and obstacles before they arise. Set priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develop creative ideas and take innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives.
3. Perform Project Scope Management. Effectively manage project work within the stated scope. Implement and manage Scope Change Control processes and update project plans based on approved changes. Determine which changes are essential and estimate their impact on the project. Ensure changes do not expand scope beyond acceptable levels. Keep a change record and tracks progress.
4. Perform Quality Management. Manage assigned projects, subprojects / work efforts using appropriate internal processes and Project Management Lifecycle Framework standards, tools and processes. Monitor project documentation for quality and compliance. Create / implement remediation plans as necessary to return project to compliant status.
5. Perform Project Cost Management. Utilizing the company’s cost management techniques, efficiently and effectively track costs in time, resources and other factors that impact the approved budget of a project. Clearly communicate project variances related to actual project hours and costs against the project estimates and budget. Develop corrective action plans
6. Perform Communication Management. Create / implement project organization and communication plans which enable the project team to effectively work together to meet project objectives. Communicate effectively with project stakeholders, staff and management on a timely basis on status, issues, risks, project goals, and objectives. Schedule and lead project team meetings and steering committee meetings as required. Prepare meeting agendas and meeting minutes, distribute meeting documentation, and maintain and monitor Action Item listings. Compile information for presentations for Senior Leadership as needed. Assess and quantify project risks and document mitigation and contingency plans. Create and maintain project documentation library and project control book.
7. Perform Issue Management. Maintain control of all action items and issues with planned completion dates, and efficiently reports status and resolution to management.
8. Perform Risk Management. Perform the analysis, identification, planning and control of those elements of a project that might cause failure during its implementation, and develop plans that include prevention, contingencies and preparation of alternatives.
9. Facilitate meetings and processes by focusing participants on meeting objectives, encouraging participation all attendees to explore all sides of an issue. Bring discussions to a reasonable conclusion with consensus. Prepare agendas that focus on the primary purpose. Recognize and overcome obstacles which could delay or inhibit the accomplishment of team, project and personal goals.
10. Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, customers, etc.
11. Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
? Bachelor Degree with 5 years project management experience OR 7 years of project management experience.
? Experience with Project Management Methodologies (i.e. Project Management Institute – PMBOK_
? Knowledge of project financial tracking including monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures.
? Negotiations and influence others and manage conflict.
? Problem solving skills.
? Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
? Work independently and within a team environment.
? Analytical skills.
? Leadership skills, including meeting facilitation.
? Experience balancing multiple tasks simultaneously.
? PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
? Project Management Professional (PMP®) Certification
? Experience with Lotus Notes