Senior Reporting Analyst-TX
Location: Richardson, TX
This position is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing timely and accurate data/reports using mainframe/PC systems to support the department or division and perform additional program activities. This role is responsible for reporting, tracking and trending analysis to support operational effectiveness.
* Produce reporting, tracking, trending and analysis to support operational effectiveness.
* Produce meaningful reporting and analysis utilizing various sources, including but not limited to the data warehouses available on Teradata, accessing the data via SQL query language, Queryman, Impromptu or other available query applications.
* Create and maintain PC and mainframe databases as needed to ensure availability and accuracy of data for reporting needs using SQL, Impromptu, Queryman, SAS, Visual Basic and/or MS Access.
* Design, implement and maintain user-friendly databases for various areas to meet reporting and analysis requirements.
* Maintain documentation of all requests, data parameters and reports in an accurate and accessible manner.
* Represent department or division on various committees.
* Streamline reporting as much as possible by automating queries, etc. and/or placing reports in production to minimize manual efforts
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree OR 4 years business reporting experience.
* 3 years utilizing database software to manipulate data, generate reports and analyze data.
* 3 years experience in SQL programming.
* Thorough knowledge of PC windows based applications, including Excel spreadsheets and graphs.
* Experience with visual basic and crystal reports.
* Skills to anticipate additional reporting parameters and confirm requirements as needed.
* Verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills necessary to work in a team environment.
* Organizational skills and experience managing completion of multiple projects
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree with concentration in Business, Math or Computer Science.
* Experience with ICD, CPT and other industry standard codes.
* Experience in managed care statistical analysis, trending, tracking and reporting of focused populations on a routine and ad hoc basis