Senior Software Engineer (Java / AWS)
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 5 months
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, who is proficient with building APIs using Java/Node Js and AWS cloud technologies. Your primary focus will be on developing sophisticated, scalable middleware platform using RESTful / Serverless API's to be consumed across. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
- Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
- Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
- Partner and collaborate with peers in other technology teams
- Actively engages in product and technical discussions for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Identify and analyze open source/market solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Expertise in writing APIs using Java and Spring framework.
- Expertise in building solutions on top of AWS such as Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, S3 and others
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
- Strong experience in working with DevOps and Build pipelines.
- Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting
- Experience working with enterprise technology platforms.
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as Agile or SCRUM
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, operating platforms, security and networking.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 3+ years AWS cloud experience
- Experience with POS is a plus.