Senior Test Automation Engineer
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 8 months
The engineering team supports the Pricing Team and they have analysts that price fuel for each of our stores. We are using Spring Boot Java for API and Microservices development to provide services for our Fuel Pricing Team, so they can push fuel prices from our Support Center to the Price Sign at the store in near real time.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Design, develop, test and maintain test automation frameworks for both backend APIs and Angular/REACT frontend applications.
- CI/CD implementation of test automation suites.
- Adhere and excel in engineering processes including code reviews, test automation and documentation.
- Effectively communicate with other engineer and tech leads and clearly articulate problem statements and solutions.
- Candidate should be self-driven, proactive (someone that can take an initiative and drive to get tasks and does not need daily directions) and should act with urgency.
- Hands-on development skills and usage of key technologies o Strong skill set with 3 plus years of experience with Automation framework development using JAVA, TESTNG, RestAssured and BDD
- Strong knowledge in Core Java, Selenium, Selenium Web Driver, Web Services, Agile,
DevOps o Understanding of BI tools such as Power BI or Tableau o Experience with Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, PostgreSQL o Experience with Azure Cloud Services (AKS, Azure Storage) o Experience with automated unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Experince with performance testing tools like JMeter, Load Runner and StormRunner o Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- 3 – 5 years of experience in test strategy, test design, test execution, analysis and reporting
- Experience with incident and problem management supporting microservices environment and monitoring tools (i.e. New Relic, Grafana)
- Solid understanding of Agile/Scrum Framework
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate solution design and development skill set with past experiences with previous projects
- Must be a well-rounded engineer as the resource will be required to support both our back-end services and front-end UI
- Must have the ability to take the initiative and ownership towards solution development. Primarily able to operate independently, with minimal supervision/direction, to take business ask, clarify details necessary with PO and navigate the solutioning to completion (Design→ Develop→Deploy).
- Candidate should be self-driven, proactive (someone that can take an initiative and drive to get tasks and does not need daily directions) and should act with urgency