Sr Test Automation Engineer
PROJECT DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
Test Automation Engineer will be a part of the Digital Technology Team. QA Engineer will be responsible to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests , debugging and defining corrective actions to ensure the quality of digital products and enhancing the digital experience. The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Prioritize and plan testing activities.
- Design, develop, and execute automated tests.
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved.
- Test features and functions at user interfaces (UI) for validation against backend systems and/or databases to identify anomalies.
- Identify test data in multiple databases by writing complex queries (MSSQL, PLSQL, DB2,NOSQL) to retrieve data and verify results.
- Perform system testing, regression testing, negative testing, component level testing, boundary testing, and smoke testing.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Understands Test Automation Architecture (one with experience building automation frameworks from ground up is highly preferred).
- Software QA automation experience working with at least one programming language such as: Java, C#, Python.
- Wears Multiple hats and when needed is willing to do Manual testing as well Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Heavily involved in end to end testing and back end validations including database and API testing.
- Experience working with NoSql databases.
- Experience in e-Commerce and mobile testing of Apps on iOS and Android platforms is a plus.
- Experience with AWS a plus.
- Experience with Test case management system like TestRail,Jira.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to efficiently communicate with Test lead, Developers and Product Owners.
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action and an It Can Be Done attitude.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Ravenous about learning technology and problem solving.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+Years
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Any relevant Technical/ Cloud Certifications would be an added advantage