Staff Accountant I
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: 6 months
Here are the qualifications we are looking for in a contractor.
• Sales/Use tax
• Property Tax
• Tax Research
• Reviewing Contracts
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and planning skills and ability to meet highly detailed reporting requirements.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Min Three (3) years' experience in tax, finance or accounting.
• Strong PC literacy skills in a Windows environment with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access and Word).
• Ability to balance assigned tasks, impromptu inquiries, and projects and efficiently utilize time.
• Ability to work well independently and formulate recommendations for solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to establish and maintain professional productive relationships.
• Coordinates and participates in the monthly close process for assigned area of responsibility.
• Assist Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures
• Analyze financial reports and records, making recommendations or seeking solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior/manager.
• Prepare journal entries and account analyses timely and accurately.
• Review, research, and recommend improvements to analysis, reporting, billing and compliance systems.
• Meet monthly schedule for reporting.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Thorough knowledge of fundamental accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Ability to resolve routine issues exercising judgment within defined accounting procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Strong analytical skills coupled with problem solving abilities and a strong propensity for attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Aptitude to establish and accept accountability for set objectives.
• Initiative to take ownership of assigned work through to completion and take action before being asked.
• Ability to provide fact-based information to others based on requests.
• Demonstrated success in leveraging communication tools appropriately and in a timely manner in relaying project outcomes.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
• Experience with SAP.